Hi folks,
I have stopped posting on Facebook. Not because of the troubling in getting likes or shares, but I like to shift my field. For almost a decade, I expressed my chosen feelings or aired some of my poems or writings or photos on my wall. However, recently I understood that Facebook is very fluid. A piece of expression lasts only for some hours or days. People are getting zillions of posts every minute. Why should they bother mine? Even I forget an impactful post within a week. So the longevity on FB is strictly restricted by default. Moreover, it is a hatred hub. Most of the users share fake news, bully others, posts irrelevant things. I do not want to use, write or post frequently there anymore. The existence of FB for me has now shrunk down to commenting or liking others' posts.
Blogging is a thing which can be an alternative. A blog is a permanent archive. Nobody can be my moral guardian here. I can write whatever I feel. IT cell cannot report my post easily or delete the content (unless it is hacked). Besides, blogs have a universal appeal. Even I heard one can earn from a blog. So I think my decision is worthy.
Disclaimer! It does not mean that I will not post on Facebook ever. It will depend on my mood or circumstances. But the problem is what should I write here and in which language? I may prefer Bengali and English. It shall be bilingual. I will try to write whatever I think. It could be a poem, a short story, nonfiction, a monologue whatever.
I have seen not many people read me. They want to see which is easy and crispy. I remember I shared Anna Akhmatova's poetry but got four reacts, posted the advertisement for our lab, only one like is there (sadly from my supervisor's spouse) and posted a funny funky article people loved it which I did not! Obviously, a scientific advertisement is not layman's concern or they might not be aware of Akhmatova but they do not bother to pay heed. I did not like that. In every second, a billion people are generating data, posting there and discussing on mostly bizarre irrelevant topics and I am struggling to engulf it. It seems they overshadow the Vishwaroopa of Lord Krishna. I ask a voluntary semi-retirement.
BLOGGING will be my new broadcasting media.
If you read me, I will be honoured. You will get the next write-up soon. Please do not judge me by my English knowledge. Correct me if I am wrong. Constructive criticism is always welcome.
Best regards,
Soumyadip Ray
No comments:
Post a Comment